Monday, November 16, 2009

I Spell Inspiration K-E-A-N-U

After my fifty-second viewing of Coach Carter something very important dawned on me: Keanu Reeves inspires black people.

Morgan Freeman, Forrest Whitaker , the black kids in Hard Ball.

It took me another seventy-two viewings to discover a much deeper truth. Black people inspire Keanu Reeves. Fuck you racism.

But it only took me one viewing to know Keanu Reeves inspires me. In fact the only thing more inspirational than Keanu Reeves would be a black coach and a white coach forming an integrated hockey team in 1950's Alabama with a band of misfit nerds and fat kids as players. And at least two handicapped players. And maybe a dog. It's called Hope on the Ice. Dennis Quaid is in talks with Disney to play the white coach. In the sequel (A Hope in Time) the team travels through time to win the gold at the 1980 Olympics.

1 comment:

  1. coach keanu during a heated huddle during the 4th quarter, "ok, were gonna like, try really hard and put the ball in the basket, ok? whoooaaaaa.."

    ReplyDelete